The truth is, the Lord alone is the judge. God is the executor of His righteousness within the created order. God’s commands and judgments meet perfect standards of justice, and his punishments and rewards are perfectly just.
It Is (Yahweh) Alone Who Judges
- But the Lord reigns forever, executing judgment from his throne. Psalm 9:7
- It is God alone who judges; he decides who will rise and who will fall. Psalm 75:7
- … Jesus is the one appointed by God to be the judge of all—the living and the dead. Acts 10:42
- And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. 1 Peter 1:17
- For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God’s household. And if judgment begins with us, what terrible fate awaits those who have never obeyed God’s Good News? 1 Peter 4:17
For Harming Isreal We are Judged
- …I will judge them for harming my people, my special possession, for scattering my people among the nations, and for dividing up my land. Joel 3:2
- “The day is near when I, the Lord, will judge all godless nations! As you have done to Israel, so it will be done to you. All your evil deeds will fall back on your own heads. Obadiah 1:15
Other Reasons of Judgement
- …For the Lord is a God who knows what you have done; he will judge your actions. 1 Samuel 2:3
- Those who fight against the Lord will be shattered… 1 Samuel 2:10
- …But I judge each of you according to your deeds.” Ezekiel 33:20
- You will be judged on the basis of all your wicked actions, … Ezekiel 24:14
- Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:11
Who Does He Judge?
- “But who can teach a lesson to God, since he judges even the most powerful? Job 21:22
- The Lord judges the nations. Psalm 7:8
- He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness. Psalm 9:8
- He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with justice, and the nations with his truth. Psalm 96:12-13
- …“In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds.” Ecclesiastes 3:17
- … God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery. Hebrews 13:4
- This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to these shepherds: “Instead of caring for my flock and leading them to safety, you have deserted them and driven them to destruction. Now I will pour out judgment on you for the evil you have done to them. Jeremiah 23:2
- … you examine the deepest thoughts and secrets. Jeremiah 11:20
How does He Judge?
- The Lord will punish the world by fire and by his sword. He will judge the earth, and many will be killed by him. Isaiah 66:16
- On that day the arrogant and the wicked will be burned up like straw. They will be consumed—roots, branches, and all. Malachi 4:1
- Even now the ax of God’s judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire. Matthew 3:10
Previous Judgements of God
- Adam and Eve – Genesis 3:14–24
- the world-wide flood – Genesis 7:17–24
- judgment at the Tower of Babel – Genesis 11:5–9
- God judged Egypt and their gods – Exodus chapters 7-12
- the judgment of believers’ sins – Isaiah 53:4–8
The Final Judgment of God
Everyone will stand before God in Judgment one day soon. God’s judgment of all people at the end of the age has been entrusted to Jesus Christ who, at His return, will reward the righteous and punish the unrighteous. The unrighteous Judgment will be based on their deeds, the rejection of God’s revelation, and of Jesus Christ.
The righteous who have believed God’s revelation of Jesus Christ are given eternal life and sealed with the Holy Spirit. Believers need not fear the last judgment but should live godly lives in anticipation of it. Their future judgment will be for rewards because salvation has been already guaranteed.
- “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. John 3:18
- He will come with his mighty angels, in flaming fire, bringing judgment on those who don’t know God and on those who refuse to obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with eternal destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
- I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. Revelation 20:12
- Enoch, … said, “Listen! The Lord is coming with countless thousands of his holy ones to execute judgment on the people of the world. He will convict every person of all the ungodly things they have done and for all the insults that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” Jude 1:14-16
- For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until the day of judgment. 2 Peter 2:4
Why are Unbelievers Judged?
- And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. John 3:19
- But all who reject me [Jesus] and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. John 12:48
- But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. ... Romans 2:5
- Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.” John 3:36
- … those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment. John 5:29
Be encouraged! Until we meet again, I am, Passionately Loving Jesus, The Anchor of my soul!
You May also like this to read this article: What are all the different judgments in the Bible? – Got Questions.org