Repentance or Judgement?
America’s Choice – What will she choose? This is the focus of today’s post. Will she like Israel and Judah continue to snub her Creator or will she bow in humility and repentance?
As I stated in part 1, while reading the book of Jeremiah, the Lord showed me that America had followed the same path as Israel. Therefore, our nation also would be held accountable by God and judged.
In part 1, from the biblical book of Jeremiah, we saw the scriptures of why our Creator, Yahweh brought judgment on the divided nation of Israel.
In part 2, we looked at 5 specific areas in Jeremiah that were the cause of God’s judgment. Likewise, If the Lord holds the nation He brought together and made a covenant with accountable for their sins against Him, so will we in America be held accountable.
As you read the scripture excerpts, be brave enough to see America through God’s eyes. However, I encourage you to read Jeremiah for yourself so you can see the whole picture of what happened to Israel and Judah. Then you will have a clearer picture of what will also happen to us and all nations that spit in God’s face.
Note: All Scriptures are from the NKJV unless otherwise indicated.
Thus says the Lord:
“Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
let not the mighty man glory in his might,
nor let the rich man glory in his riches.”
“But let him who glories glory in this,– Jer 9.23-24
that he understands and knows Me,
that I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord.
The Call to Repent and Turn Back to the Lord
As the Lord called out to Israel and Judah to repent and return to Him, so He does with us here in America. Over and over, we see the many scriptures to return to the Lord.
The Lord always warns and calls out to us to repent before He administers discipline through His judgments.
“Have you not brought this on yourself, In that you have forsaken the Lord your God When He led you in the way?” – Jer 2.17
“You have played the harlot with many lovers; Yet return to Me,” says the Lord. – Jer 3.1
“Return, backsliding [America],’ says the Lord; ‘I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not remain angry forever. Only acknowledge your iniquity, that you have transgressed against the Lord your God, and have scattered your charms to alien deities under every green tree, and you have not obeyed My voice,’ says the Lord.” – Jer 2.12-13
“Return, O backsliding children,” says the Lord; “for I am married to you… And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.” – Jer 2.14-15
“If you will return, [America],” says the Lord, “return to Me; And if you will put away your abominations out of My sight, then you shall not be moved.” – Jer 4.1
READ: What does the Bible say about repentance? – GotQuestions.com
To The People in America
“Break up your fallow ground, and do not sow among thorns. Circumcise yourselves to the Lord and take away the foreskins of your hearts… Lest My fury come forth like fire and burn so that no one can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.” – Jer 4.3-4
“Wash your heart from wickedness, that you may be saved. How long shall your evil thoughts lodge within you?” – Jer 4.14
“Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place… For if you:
- thoroughly amend your ways and your doings
- thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor
- do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow
- do not shed innocent blood in this place
- or walk after other gods to your hurt…
…then I will cause you to dwell in this place…” – Jer 7.3-7
“Repent now everyone of his evil way and his evil doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord has given to you and your fathers forever and ever. Do not go after other gods to serve them and worship them, and do not provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands, and I will not harm you.”
“Yet you have not listened to Me,” says the Lord, “that you might provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.” – Jer 25.5-7
“Shall I not punish them for these things?’ says the Lord. Shall I not avenge Myself on such a nation as this?” – Jer 5.29
The Headlines Reveal Our Nation’s Sins:
- California Shuts Off Water To Farmers To Save Fish
- Drug Companies Paid Doctors to Write Opioid Prescriptions, Documents Reveal
- AI expert predicts people will buy lifelike digital ‘babies’ instead of having real kids in 50 years
- Pizza Hut Is Now Grooming Kids, Targeting Preschoolers With Transgender Propaganda
- Overdose rates up 700% in Oregon after the state decriminalized the possession of hard drugs
- ‘Woke’ Drag Queen ‘Pastor’ Declares ‘God Is Nothing’ in Hate-Filled Blasphemous Rant
- Children Invited on Stage to Perform with Drag Queens in 21 Gay Bar in Dallas
- ‘Accidental Fires’ Continue To Happen At Food Processing Facilities
- Biden Wants Trans Youths To Reject God’s Design In Order To Reach Their ‘God-Given Potential’
- United States Abortion
- American Churches are Killing Christianity
- Cheryl Beck’s testimony of Luciferian ritual abuse and child trafficking
- Mass shootings: Don’t confuse madness with evil
- Awaking to the Prevalence of Evil
- The United States Is ‘In A Position Of Cursing Israel More Than Any Other Nation,’ Michele Bachmann Warns
Jehovah, Yeshua the Creator Is the Only True God
Sorry, Mr. Harari, you have been deceived by the master deceiver. The Lord God your Creator is very much alive!
“The Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath, the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.”
“He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion.”
“When He utters His voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens: And He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries.”– Jer 10.10-13
Only The Creator Makes Righteous Decisions
It is important to realize that Our Creator is bringing judgment because of the sins of those who claim to follow Him. In the bible, judgment fell on the
- nation of Israel and
- the nations that came against Israel.
Therefore, America needs to be concerned. There are many who claim to be Christians but do not have a biblical worldview which also brings God’s judgment.
Moreover, America is being judged for its part in meddling in the affairs of the Jewish nation and trying to bully them into a 2-state solution.
“[America], can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand…!”
- “The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,
- if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.”
- “And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it
- if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.” – Jer 18.5-10
“Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I am fashioning a disaster and devising a plan against you. Return now every one from his evil way and make your ways and your doings good.” – Jer 18.11
“Thus says the Lord:
- Execute judgment and righteousness, and
- deliver the plundered out of the hand of the oppressor.
- Do no wrong and
- do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, or the widow,
- nor shed innocent blood in this place.” – Jer 22.3
“Perhaps everyone will listen and turn from his evil way, that I may relent concerning the calamity which I purpose to bring on them because of the evil of their doings.” – Jer 26.3
Recommended Book: As America Has Done to Israel by John P. McTernan – Goodreads
America’s Choice – If You Will Not Listen To Me
“Thus says the Lord: “If you will not listen to Me, to walk in My law which I have set before you, to heed the words of My servants the prophets whom I sent to you, both rising up early and sending them (but you have not heeded), then I will make this [nation] like Shiloh, and will make [your cities] a curse to all the nations of the earth.” – Jer 26.4-6
“Even the stork in the heavens knows her appointed times;
And the turtledove, the swift, and the swallow observe the time of their coming.
But My people do not know the judgment of the Lord.” – Jer 8.5-7
“My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity hidden from My eyes.”– Jer 16.17
Corruption Abounds in America
“Run to and fro through the streets of [America]; See now and know; And seek in her open places if you can find a man if there is anyone who executes judgment, who seeks the truth, and I will pardon her.” – Jer 5.1
“Though they say, ‘As the Lord lives,’ surely, they swear falsely.” – Jer 5.2
“[America] is a nation that does not obey the voice of the Lord their God
nor receive correction.
Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth.”– Jer 7.28
“O Lord, are not Your eyes on the truth?
- You have stricken them, but they have not grieved.
- You have consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction.
- They have made their faces harder than rock.
- They have refused to return.” – Jer 5.3
READ: America, God Has Given You Over – Rapture Forums
God’s People Rejected His Warning
“But they said, ‘We will not listen.’” – Jer 7.17
“And they said, “That is hopeless! So, we will walk according to our own plans, and we will every one obey the dictates of his evil heart.” – Jer 18.12
“Yet they did not obey or incline their ear but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts and went backward and not forward. Since the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt until this day, I have even sent to you all My servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them. Yet they did not obey Me or incline their ear but stiffened their neck. They did worse than their fathers.” – Jer 7.24-26
No Man Repented
“Why have these people slidden back… in perpetual backsliding?
They hold fast to deceit, they refuse to return.
I listened and heard, but they do not speak right.
No man repented of his wickedness, saying, ‘What have I done?’
Everyone turned to his own course, as the horse rushes into the battle.” – Jer 8:4-6
Concluding Words of the Lord
“Thus says the Lord:
- “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength…”
- “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord.” – Jer 17.5,7
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it? ” – Jer 17.9
“I, the Lord,
- search the heart,
- I test the mind,
- even to give every man according to his ways,
- according to the fruit of his doings.” – Jer 17.10
If You Desire Rest for Your Souls
Thus says the Lord:
“Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls.” – Jer 6.16
What is True Repentance?
True repentance leads a person to say, “I have sinned” and prove it with a 180-degree change of their direction.
Read More: Bible Verses about Repentance – BibleStudyTools.com
- requires true brokenness.
- is NOT asking the Lord for forgiveness with the intent to sin again.
- is an honest, regretful acknowledgment of sin with a commitment to change.
- leads us to cultivate godliness while eradicating habits that lead to sin.
Maranatha! Until next time, I am Passionately Loving Jesus, the Anchor of my Soul.