I have a devotional book titled The Book of Mysteries by Jonathan Cahn. I highly recommend it. One of the devotional mysteries has to do with God’s name I AM. I have listed 25 I AM statements of Jesus from the New Testament below.
Jonathan Cahn explained the sacred name of God is YHVH, which means I AM, which I already understood from previous studies. However, what Rabbi Cahn brought to my attention that I did not realize was, we speak God’s great name daily without realizing it!
When we say such statements as; I am hungry, I am going shopping. I am thankful, etc. We declare His name first. Wow, think about it. Our existence, our very being, proclaims His name first! He is rightly put first and we flow from His existence. In Acts 17:28, Paul tells us; “In Him, we live and move and have our being”. (ESV)
We all declare the name of God, the great I AM. He is as close as the mention of His Name. Therefore, be encouraged and praise His holy name!
Emphatic I AM Statements Declared by Jesus:
- I AM gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Mat 11:29
- I AM there among them, where two or three gather together as my followers. Mat 18:20
- I AM with you always, even to the end of the age. Mat 28:20
- I AM the bread of life. Jn 6:35
- I AM not alone. The Father who sent me is with me. Jn 8:16
- I AM not of this world. Jn 8:23
- I AM telling you what I saw when I was with my Father. Jn 8:38
- I AM, before Abraham was even born, Jn 8:58
- I AM the gate for the sheep. Jn 10:7
- I AM the good shepherd. Jn 10:14
- I AM the resurrection and the life. Jn 11:25
- I AM Teacher and Lord. Jn 13:13
- I AM the way, the truth, and the life. Jn 14:6
- I AM in the Father and the Father in Me. Jn 14:11
- I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Jn 15:1
- I AM the vine, you are the branches. Jn 15:5
- I AM not of the world. Jn 17:16
- “I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” Rev 1:8
- I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last. Rev 1:11
- I AM He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I AM alive forevermore. Rev 1:18
- I AM coming quickly, Rev 22:12
- I AM both the source of David and the heir to his throne. Rev 22:16
- I AM the bright morning star. Rev 22:16
- I AM He who searches the minds and hearts. Rev 2:23
25. “I am [the Christ, the Son of the Blessed]. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.” Mark 14:61-62
There you have it, 25 I AM statements of Jesus. If you find more in your study leave them in the comments below.
If you are not yet a follower of Christ, know that God loves you and is longing for a RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU! It is not a coincidence that you have come across this website and especially this article. God has an awesome plan for your life!
Scriptures used are from biblegateway.com and unless otherwise noted, I’m using the New Living Translation (NLT)Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Featured Image by Dreamy Art – wildflowers – from Pixabay