The judgment of America is upon us. Just as the charges are read against the accused in a court of law, so does the biblical book of Jeremiah list the charges against Israel. These same charges can be applied to our nation also.
The nation of Israel was God’s chosen people who He specifically set aside for Himself to be a witness to the other nations of the world. However, once the nation of Israel had become divided and turned away from God the Creator, judgment, and discipline followed.
Likewise, we here in America, face the same fate. Our country that was blessed by Almighty God has turned it’s back to it’s Creator.
Today our nation wonders why all the lawlessness and killings? Why all the droughts, fires, and natural disasters?
America is under judgment from its Creator. Moreover, she has rejected the calls to repentance. We have crossed, rather we have trampled the Blood Line of Jesus Christ from the nation’s capital to the smallest churches. All have sinned and now we reap the consequences of our actions.
Shall I Pardon You?
As I was reading through the book of Jeremiah, it was as if it was America that the Lord showed me that had followed the same steps as Israel. Therefore, our nation also would be held accountable by God.
In this short series, I will share a selection of scriptures that I felt would give us a glimpse of what is happening and will continue to happen to our country.
However, I encourage you to read Jeremiah for yourself so you can see the whole picture of what happened to Israel and Judah. Moreover, what will also happen to us and all nations that spit in God’s face.
“I remember you, the kindness of your youth, the love of your betrothal, When you went after Me in the wilderness, In a land not sown. Israel was holiness to the Lord, The first fruits of His increase.” – Jer 2.2-3
“How shall I pardon you for this? Your children have forsaken Me And sworn by those that are not gods. When I had fed them to the full, then they committed adultery.” – Jer 5.7
“Am I a God near at hand,” says the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?… Do I not fill heaven and earth?” – Jer 23.23-24
“What injustice have your fathers found in Me, that they have gone far from Me, have followed idols, and have become idolaters?” – Jer 2.5
“Hear this now, O foolish people [of the USA], without understanding, who have eyes and see not, and who have ears and hear not: Do you not fear Me?’ says the Lord. ‘Will you not tremble at My presence?” – Jer 5.21-22
“Why have these people turned away back, … in perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, they refuse to return. I listened and heard, but they have spoken what is not right. No man repented of his wickedness, saying, ‘What have I done?’ Everyone turned to his [individual] course, As the horse rushes into the battle.” – Jer 8.5-6
“Therefore, I will yet bring charges against you,” says the Lord, “And against your children’s children I will bring charges. ” – Jer 2.9
Just as the Lord punished the nation of Israel, we can apply the same scriptures to America. As you read, I have changed Israel and Judah to the [USA or America] placed in brackets for easier comprehension. However, we must remember that what was said to Israel can be applied to any nation that turns its back to God our Creator.
A New Beginning
“I brought you into a bountiful country, to eat its fruit and its goodness. But when you entered, you:”
- “Defiled My land and
- Made My heritage an abomination.
- The priests did not say, ‘Where is the Lord?’
- Those who handle the law did not know Me
The rulers also transgressed against Me
- The prophets prophesied by Baal and walked after things that do not profit.
- Has a nation changed its gods, which are not gods? But My people have changed their Glory For what does not profit.
- “For My people have committed two evils:
- They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters,
- And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water.” – Jer 2.7-13
You Have Polluted the Land
“As the thief is ashamed when he is found out” [So is the USA ashamed; They and their leadership, governmental and religious]… “For they have turned their back to Me, and not their face. But in the time of their trouble, they will say, ‘Arise and save us. Also, on your [hands] is found the blood of the lives of the poor innocents. I have not found it by secret search, but plainly on all these things.” – Jer 2.26-34
- You have polluted the land With your harlotries and your wickedness.” – Jer 3.2
- Behold, you have spoken and done evil things, As you were able.” – Jer 3.5
- Surely, as a wife treacherously departs from her husband, So have you dealt treacherously with Me…” – Jer 3.20
- They have perverted their way; They have forgotten the Lord their God.” – Jer 3.21
You Are Rebellious – This Is Your Wickedness
“Because [America] has been rebellious against Me,” says the Lord, “Your ways and your doings have procured these things for you.
- This is your wickedness,
- because it is bitter,
- because it reaches to your heart.” – Jer 4.17-18
- “My people are foolish, they
- Have not known Me.
- They are silly children, and they have no understanding.
- They are wise to do evil,
- But to do good they have no knowledge.” – Jer 4.22
“How shall I pardon you for this? Your children have forsaken Me And sworn by those that are not gods.” – Jer 5.7
“Nevertheless, in those days,” says the Lord, “I will not make a complete end of you. And it will be when you say, ‘Why does the Lord our God do all these things to us?’ then you shall answer them, ‘Just as you have forsaken Me and served foreign gods in your land, so you shall serve aliens in a land that is not yours.” – Jer 5.18-19
America Has Revolted And Departed
- [America] “has a defiant and rebellious heart; They have revolted and departed.” – Jer 5.23
- They do not say in their heart, “Let us now fear the Lord our God…” – Jer 5.24
- “…Your sins have withheld good from you.” – Jer 5.25
- “For among My people are found, wicked men.”
- They lie in wait as one who sets snares; They set a trap; They catch men.” – Jer 5.26
- As a cage is full of birds, So their houses are full of deceit. They have”
- “become great and grown rich.” – Jer 5.27
- “They have grown fat, they are sleek, they”
- “surpass the deeds of the wicked”
- “They do not plead the cause, the cause of the fatherless; Yet they prosper”
- “And the right of the needy they do not defend.” – Jer 5.28
Will America’s City’s Listen?
Even as this section speaks of Jerusalem the Capital of the nation of Israel, we can apply the verses to our Washington DC capital. Moreover, we see the devastation in New York City, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, and many other cities throughout the USA.
For thus has the Lord of hosts said: “Cut down trees and build a mound against … [Washington DC?]. “This is the city to be punished. She is full of oppression in her midst.”
- “As a fountain wells up with water, So she wells up with her wickedness.”
- “Violence and plundering are heard in her.”
- “Before Me continually are grief and wounds.” – Jer 6.6-7
“To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? … Behold, the word of the Lord is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.” – Jer 6.10
“Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed; Nor did they know how to blush. Therefore, they shall fall among those who fall;
At the time I punish them, They shall be cast down,” says the Lord.” – Jer 6.15
“They are all stubborn rebels, walking as slanderers. They are bronze and iron, They are all corrupters…” – Jer 6.28
Obey My voice
“For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land…concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.
But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.” – Jer 7.22-23
As the nation of Israel did not turn back to their Creator, and judgment was carried out, It appears that America will not listen and God’s judgment will continue.
Maranatha! Until next time, I am Passionately Loving Jesus, the Anchor of my Soul.