This is post #7 in the Kingdom of God Series. I began this series looking to discover if Christianity was about religion or a Kingdom. We looked at how Monarchs on earth reigned. Likewise, we looked at the Kingdom of God, the first-ever government and how God ruled His Kingdom. Now we will look briefly into how Satan the pretender to the throne, rules.
As we have seen in previous posts, God (Yahweh) created man in His image and gave him dominion over all the earth. We were to “colonize” the earth and spread God’s Kingdom of Heaven around the world (Gen 1:26-28).
Tragically, the being we call Satan tempted Eve to doubt the command of God concerning the tree of knowledge of good and evil. She and Adam disobeyed and forfeited their right to rule. Satan by deception stole our God-given right to rule the earth.
Because of the sin of Adam and Eve, every person is born into the domain of Satan, by default.
Satan Reigns Temporarily
Only God becoming man could set right this tragic failure of mankind to obey his creator. Jesus Christ born of a virgin without the corrupted DNA of a male could restore sinful mankind to regain his place in the Kingdom of God.
Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Hebrews 2:14
Satan would have you to believe that God is a killjoy and only wants to restrict you from being all you can be. Moreover, Satan would have you think that He is the light of the world and God is a tyrant. But most of all, Satan would have you believe that there is no God. But if you believe in God, at least don’t believe in a literal devil. It makes his deception so much easier.
How The Pretender Runs His Stolen Kingdom
Let’s see what the Word of God has to say about how Satan the pretender to the throne rules his worldly kingdom.
Satan is a highly organized, intelligent spirit being dedicated to destroying mankind made in the image of the Creator he hates. He is the master deceiver and the author of idolatry, seeking to bring the whole world under his dominion by undermining faith in God, twisting values, and promoting false ideologies.
In Satan’s worldly kingdom, the pretender to the throne rarely allows his “citizens/subjects/slaves” to read the fine print of his royal contract. Satan is always hostile to God and God’s children. It is his goal to do whatever it takes to make his Creator and mankind suffer in this temporary kingdom stolen by deception.
The Bible States Clearly
- The world around us is under the control of the evil one. 1 John 5:19
- Then the devil took him up and revealed to him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. “I will give you the glory of these kingdoms and authority over them,” the devil said, “because they are mine to give to anyone I please. Luke 4:5-6
- I know that you live in the city [Pergamum] where Satan has his throne … there, in Satan’s city. Revelation 2:12-13
- The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out. John 12:31
Satan the Pretender to the Throne is Not …
Although Satan temporarily rules this world system there are a few things he is not.
- Satan is not self-existent. He was created good, however, he committed treason against the Kingdom of God.
- He is still in open rebellion against the sovereignty of God
- The Usurper has a sphere of operation which God has permitted him to have in this world, but he is still subject to God’s sovereignty.
- The Adversary (Satan) is limited by God until the final sentencing is carried out.
- Satan is not like God. He is not omniscient. He can’t see and know everything.
Satan is Powerful and Runs the World’s System.
Yes, he is powerful and subtle, but not Omnipotent like his Creator, Yahweh.
Satan rules through infiltrating institutions, government administrations, communications media, educational systems, and religious bodies throughout the world. This includes television, Hollywood, newspapers, magazines, books, and the internet. There are those that stand against his rule but he labels those that do as Conspiracy Theorists and Fake News.
All Governments of the world are really in the hands of Satan. He has an invisible army everywhere to influence mankind. Those that are part of the Kingdom of God are his prime targets.
Satan is Called The:
- Prince of the power of the air – Ephesians 2:2
- Spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience – Ephesians 2:2
- god of this world – 2 Corinthians 4:4
- Commander of the powers in the unseen world – 2 Corinthians 4:4
- Accuser – Job 1:6
- Murderer – John 8:44
- Father of lies – John 8:44
- Deceiver of the whole world Revelation 12:9
Satan Once Was:
- The model of perfection, full of wisdom and exquisite in beauty – Ezekiel 28:12
- Ordained and anointed as the mighty angelic guardian – Ezekiel 28:14
- Blameless in all you did from the day you were created until – Ezekiel 28:15
- Your rich commerce led you to violence, and you sinned. – Eze 28:16
- Your heart was filled with pride because of all your beauty. – Eze 28:17
- Your wisdom was corrupted by your love of splendor. – Eze 28:17
- For you said to yourself I will:
- ascend to heaven and set my throne above God’s stars.
- preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north.
- climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most-High. – Isa 14:13-14
- [Jesus] told them, “I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning!” – Lk 10:18
The Pretender’s Kingdom is About Destruction
- You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world. – Isa 14:12
- Can this be the one who shook the earth and made the kingdoms of the world tremble? Is this the one who destroyed the world and made it into a wasteland? Is this the king who demolished the world’s greatest cities and had no mercy on his prisoners? – Isa 14:16-17
The Rank and File of Satan’s Kingdom
Rick Renner in his June 10, 2016, Sparkling Gem devotional explained the hierarchy of those that carry out the orders of this satanic king, the pretender to the throne as listed in Ephesians 6:12.
First, the word Principalities is taken from the Greek word archai, an old word used symbolically to denote ancient times. It is also used to depict individuals who hold the highest and loftiest position of rank and authority.
Therefore, Paul emphatically tells us that at the very top of Satan’s kingdom are powerful evil beings. thy have held their lofty positions of power and authority probably ever since the fall of Lucifer.
Second, the word Powers is from the Greek word exousia, and it denotes delegated authority. These evil forces are second in command in Satan’s dark kingdom.
NOTE: These principalities and powers of Satan are given charge of specified countries.
- I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. – Dan 10:12-13
- Soon I must return to fight against the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia, and after that, the spirit prince of the kingdom of Greece will come. Meanwhile, I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one helps me against these spirit princes except Michael, your spirit prince. – Dan 10:20-21
- “At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Dan 12:1
Rulers of the Darkness of This World
Third, the phrase “the Rulers of the darkness of this world” is taken from the word kosmokrateros and depicts raw power that has been harnessed and put into some kind of order.
Satan the pretender to the throne is so serious about doing damage to the human race that he deals with demon spirits as though they are troops! He puts them in rank and file, gives them orders and assignments, and then sends them out like military soldiers who are committed to killing. Once these demons are trained and ready to start their assault, Satan sends them forth to do their devious work against human beings.
Spiritual Wickedness in High Places
Fourth, the phrase “spiritual wickedness in high places” is taken from the word poneros, and it depicts something that is bad, vile, malevolent, vicious, impious, and malignant. This tells us the ultimate aim of Satan’s dark domain: These evil spirits are sent forth to afflict humanity in bad, vile, malevolent, and vicious ways!
The Lesser Minions of Satan
- His servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end, they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve. 2Co 11:15
- Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. – 1Ti 4:1
Satan’s Kingdom Citizens
For all have sinned. All mankind is born by default into the worldly kingdom of Satan. Only by accepting the sacrifice provided by Jesus Christ and defecting to His Kingdom, can a person escape from Satan, the pretender to the throne.
- Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God are children of the devil. 1 John 3:10
- When people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil. 1 John 3:8
- Then he said, “You son of the devil, full of every sort of deceit and fraud, and enemy of all that is good! Will you never stop perverting the true ways of the Lord? Acts 13:10
- For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. John 8:44
How Does Satan Treat His Citizens?
This pretender to the throne doesn’t have to spend a lot of time influencing unbelievers. He keeps them content with little baubles of delusion. Therefore, his focus is those that claim to be followers of Yahweh.
Renner Shares on 2 Corinthians 2:11
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. – 2 Corinthians 2:11
Let’s look at how Rick Renner explains the above verse in his March 2, 2016, Sparkling Gems devotion. Satan is constantly seeking ways to take advantage of people.
First, the word “advantage” in this verse is the Greek word pleonekteo, which denotes a desire to have more, more, and more. In Second Corinthians 2:11, it pictures someone whose lust for something is so intense that he will take any actions required to obtain what he wants. Satan wants us!
The pretender to the throne will use any method necessary to take advantage of us and get us under his control. He will deviously and artfully endeavor to outwit us, trick us, dominate us, and ultimately take us as his hostages.
Second, the word “devices” is the Greek word noemata. It describes a mind that is scheming, calculating, conniving, devious, shrewd, sly, or clever. Thus, the word noemata denote Satan’s insidious, malevolent plot to attack and victimize human beings, clearly demonstrating that the devil loves to captivate and ultimately destroy human beings.
Other Ways Satan Treats His
- Holds people captive – 2 Ti 2:26
- Seeks worship from people – Deu 32:17
- Patrols the earth, watching everything that’s going on – Job 1:7
- Causes sickness and disease – Job 2:7
- Blinds the minds of unbelievers – 2 Cor 4:4
- Prevents people from believing and being saved – Lk 8:12
- Lures people away from God with false teachings – 1Ti 4:1
- He temps and tests our faith in God. – Rev 2:10
- Influences people to disobey God – 1 Ti 5:15
Satan is anti-Christ, anti-God, and anti-Christian. Whatever Christ is trying to do in this church, Satan is actively trying to do the opposite. However, Satan is pro-religion.
If he can hang on to the church and make it become something God never intended it to be, he has accomplished his purpose. Many churches today are run by Satan. Many so-called “Pastors” deny Jesus Christ, and/or the existence of God.
The Spread of Satan’s Propaganda
The pretender to the throne has studied the fallen race of Adam for many thousand years and knows how to allure his subjects. Below are just a few ways to lure people away from the Kingdom of God.
- False Prophets
- False Shepherds
- Fake Christians
- False Teachers
Satan’s authority and power are restricted, limited and subordinate to the authority that is in Christ. Satan’s power is temporal. The power and authority of Satan have been dealt a fatal blow by Christ. Through the Cross, Christ’s death, burial, resurrection, and ascension, the pretender to the throne, Satan the temporary ruler of this world age has been defeated. Only the final sentencing is left to be carried out. So will you decide to defect from this worldly kingdom and run to the Kingdom of God? The choice is yours. Choose wisely! The last post in this series will look at the true King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ.
If you are not yet a follower of Christ, know that God loves you and is longing for a RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU! It is not a coincidence that you have come across this website and especially this article. God has an awesome plan for your life!