Isaiah, one of the prophets of God, is very explicit concerning the relationship God our creator expected from the Israelites. The book of Isaiah contains (cue the music) the “good, the bad and the ugly” of this relationship between God our Creator and the tiny nation of Israel. Consequently, we see how today we could insert America and Washington DC to also reflect how God our Creator expects us to live in a relationship with Him. Therefore, the question is will Americans heed the warning God gave Israel?
I will be inserting [[America and Washington DC into the text for clarity within double brackets]]. [[My amplifications and comments will also be in double brackets]]. By clicking on the Scripture reference, you can read the actual verse in the NLT pop up box.
Mr. Isaiah just jumps right into the crux of the problem, right at the beginning of his book. He’s a “Joe Friday” kind of guy. “Just the facts ma’am, just the facts.
Perhaps if those who called themselves pastors spent more time teaching God’s Word instead of “wokeness” and “feel good messages” we would not be in the mess we’re in today. Moreover, perhaps if those who call themselves Christians, read, believed, repented, and followed Christ, we would not be in the mess we’re in today.
A Message for Rebellious Judah [[aka God’s Rebellious Church?]]
(Isaiah 1:1) These are the visions that Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning… [[ AMERICA and Washington DC]] …
(Isaiah 1:2-3) Listen, O heavens! Pay attention, earth! This is what the Lord says: “The children I raised and cared for have rebelled against me. Even an ox knows its owner, and a donkey recognizes its master’s care – but [[AMERICA]] doesn’t know [[Me as Lord]]. My people don’t recognize my care for them.”
The Pulpit Commentary states the following: Have not multitudes of Christians also followed their example? They too are God’s children created, regenerated, and adopted by Him in His beloved Son, Jesus Christ. We have been raised by Him to greatness, increased from a “little flock” to hundreds of millions…borne safely through the storms of centuries. Must not Christians [[ and the nation of America]], if they rebel, if they refuse to “know God” or “consider Him”, expect the same terrible punishments as overtook the Israelites, or others similar to them?
We have Been Warned…
“26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)
“It is fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God’ (Hebrews 10:31)
David Guzik in his commentary states: No animal has ever offended or resisted or rejected or disobeyed God the way every human being has. Any animal is a more faithful servant of God than the best human! And as parents, we can appreciate how frustrating and galling it is for our children to disregard and disobey us. It fills us with righteous indignation, and we think, “After all I have done for them, they treat me like this?” But we have treated God even worse than any child has treated their parents.
(Isaiah 1:4) Oh, what a sinful nation they are – loaded down with a burden of guilt. [[due to sin, injustice, wrongdoing]] They:
- Are Evil people
- Corrupt children who have rejected the Lord
- Have despised the Holy One of Israel
- Turned their backs on Him.
Do You Enjoy Punishment?
[[God does not enjoy inflicting punishment any more than we as parents do. However, if we love our children, correction is a must to help ensure a responsible God respecting citizen. Sometimes, as unpleasant as it is for parents, love must be tough.]]
(Isaiah 1:5-6) Why do you continue to invite punishment? Must you [[continue to]] rebel forever? Your head is injured, and your heart is sick [[since no change results from it]]. You are battered from head to foot – covered with bruises, welts, and infected wounds – without any soothing ointments or bandages.
WATCH VIDEO: Nadler, we don’t care about God: Nadler: “What Any Religious Tradition Describes as God’s Will is No Concern of This Congress”
(Isaiah 1:7) Your country lies in ruins, and your towns are burned. Foreigners plunder your fields before your eyes and destroy everything they see. [[because of your disobedience]]
(Isaiah 1:8-9) [[Washington DC]] stands abandoned like a watchman’s shelter in a vineyard, like a lean-to in a cucumber field after the harvest, like a helpless city under siege. [[isolated, surrounded by devastation]] If the Lord of Heaven’s Armies had not spared a few of us, we would have been wiped out like Sodom, destroyed like Gomorrah.
The Straw that Broke the Camel’s Back aka God Has Had Enough
(Isaiah 1:10-14) Listen to the Lord, you leaders of [[Washington DC]] Listen to the law of our God, people [[who call themselves Christians]].” “What makes you think I want all your sacrifices?” says the Lord. “I am sick of your [[ your fake Christianity without your obedience]] When you come to worship me, who asked you to parade through my courts with all your ceremony?
Stop bringing me your meaningless gifts; the incense of your offerings [[ your so-called good works offered without repentance]] disgusts me! As for your celebrations… and your special days for fasting— they are all sinful and false. I want no more of your pious meetings… They are a burden to me. I cannot stand them!
Christian Holidays (en.wikipedia.org)
- Advent (Preparation for the commemoration of Jesus’ Birth. Start of the Christmas Season)
- Feast of the Annunciation (Conception of Jesus)
- Christmas (Birth of Jesus)
- Gregorian New Year (First day of January every year)
- Mardi Gras (Celebration period before the ritual fasting season of Lent)
- Lent (40 days of penance before Easter and the placing of ashes on Ash Wednesday
- Easter and Holy Week (Death and Resurrection of Jesus, the end of Lent)
- Easter Vigil (Official celebration of Jesus’ Resurrection)
- Pentecost (Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples of Jesus)
- The 7th Day Sabbath (Every Saturday of the year. Some Christian groups (e.g. Catholic, Protestant, etc.) however, observe Sunday as the Sabbath)
- The Christian Patronal feast days or ‘name days’ are celebrated in each place’s patron saint’s day, according to the Calendar of saints.
Personal and Private Sins Will Destroy America
David Guzik in his commentary states: Judah thought the answer was in religious ceremonies, in their ancient version of “church attendance” and a few dollars in the offering. But if their heart wasn’t changed, and humbled, and surrendered to the LORD, it made no difference. Without the right heart, God hated their religious ceremony and service!
[[Likewise, the outward acts of Christianity are to be a reflection of our love for Jesus Christ. If done for any other reason we are only putting on a performance. We may deceive men, but God sees the heart. God hates hypocrisy and is revolted by the deceitful “worship”]].
F.B. Meyer in his commentary reminds us: The prophet points out, first the misery that had overtaken the country, and then the sins of the ruling classes. What may be called personal and private sins, such as drunkenness, vanity, bribery, and the oppression of the poor, are viewed in their public hearing, as bringing wrath and disaster on the whole nation. No man can sin by himself. His most private sins react on the whole community.
God Will Not Listen to The Prayers of The Wicked.
(Isaiah 1:15-17) When you lift up your hands in prayer [[pleading for My help]], I will not look. Though you offer many prayers, I will not listen, for your hands are covered with the blood of innocent victims.
- Wash yourselves and be clean
- Get your sins out of My sight
- Give up your evil ways
- Learn to do good
- Seek justice
- Help the oppressed
- Defend the cause of orphans
- Fight for the rights of widows
Again David Guzik in his commentary states: We may be certain, that in the midst of all this religious ceremony, there were many fine prayers offered. Many eloquent, stirring, and emotional prayers were said. But they were empty, hollow, useless prayers, because God looked at Judah and said, “Your hands are full of blood.”
[[Likewise, our hands are covered in much blood of the innocents]].
This is what the Lord says: Be fair-minded and just. Do what is right! Help those who have been robbed; rescue them from their oppressors. Quit your evil deeds! Do not mistreat foreigners, orphans, and widows. Stop murdering the innocent! (Jeremiah 22:3)
For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he may gain much, if God takes away his life? Will God hear his cry
when trouble comes upon him? (Job 27:8-9)
Therefore, thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will not listen to them. (Jeremiah 11:11)
Hyper Grace Movement
There is a movement among some Christians that hold to a hyper-grace gospel. The website Got Questions explains it this way:
The term hyper-grace has been used to describe a new wave of teaching that emphasizes the grace of God to the exclusion of other vital teachings such as repentance and confession of sin. Hyper-grace teachers maintain that all sin, past, present, and future, has already been forgiven, so there is no need for a believer to ever confess it. Hyper-grace teaching says that, when God looks at us, He sees only a holy and righteous people.
The conclusion of hyper-grace teaching is that we are not bound by Jesus’ teaching, even as we are not under the Law; that believers are not responsible for their sin; and that anyone who disagrees is a pharisaical legalist. In short, hyper-grace teachers “pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality” [[Amen]]
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:26-29)
I, the Lord, have spoken!
(Isaiah 43:26) Let us review the situation together, and you can present your case to prove your innocence.
(Isaiah 1:18-20) “Come now, let’s settle this,” says the Lord.
- “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow.
- Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.
- If you will only obey me, you will have plenty to eat.
- But if you turn away and refuse to listen, you will be devoured by the sword of your enemies. I, the Lord, have spoken!”
America, Once so Faithful
(Isaiah 1:21-23) See how [[America]], once so faithful, has become a prostitute. Once…
- The home of justice and righteousness, she is now filled with murderers.
- Like pure silver, you have become like worthless slag.
- So pure, you are now like watered-down wine.…Your [[government leaders]] are rebels, the companions of thieves. All of them love bribes and demand payoffs, but they refuse to defend the cause of orphans or fight for the rights of widows.
(Isaiah 1:24-25) Therefore, the Lord, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the Mighty One of Israel, says, “I will take revenge on my enemies and pay back my foes! I will:
- Raise my fist against you.
- Melt you down and skim off your slag.
- Remove all your impurities.
Should Americans Heed the Warning God Gave Israel?
Below are a few of the headlines from my weekly news posts showing how close we are to the tribulation period. Does this reflect a nation that follows after the God of the Bible?
- Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) works hand-in-hand with Antifa to target and terrorize conservatives in America
- The Left Seeks To Radicalize The Term “Christian Nationalism”
- Corona Cash: Financial Disclosures Reveal Biden Surgeon General Made Millions off Pandemic ‘Consulting’
- A new report from Rep. Katie Porter reveals how big pharma pursues ‘killer profits’ at the expense of Americans’ health
- Gretchen Whitmer conspired with former top health official to inflate coronavirus case numbers in exchange for cash
Immorality and Deception
- Biden Returns to Immoral Equivalency
- CDC inflated COVID numbers by 1,600%
- Official COVID death numbers: the fraud, the killing
- University blocks research of transgenders who regret switching sex
- Transgender activist says ‘little girls are kinky’ to defend bathroom invasion
- California’s New K-12 Curriculum Promotes Chants to Aztec Gods of Human Sacrifice
- 312 Judges Recuse Themselves In Child Sex Trafficking Case … Wake Up America!
- Transgender HHS nominee Rachel Levine wants babies to get sex changes without parental consent
Murder of the Vulnerable
- AP: Cuomo Sent 9,000+ Virus Patients into NY Nursing Homes Instead of USS Comfort and Other Options How many people has the American medical establishment killed?
- Minnesota Democrats seek to legalize assisted suicide
- Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine killed 40 times more old people than the virus itself would have
Murder of the Unborn
- 35 States Allow Babies Born Alive After a Botched Abortion to be Left to Die
- Judge May Ban David Daleiden From Releasing New Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Selling Baby Parts
- Planned Parenthood Has Killed 8.6 Million Babies in Abortions
- Columnist insists TV shows include abortion as entertainment
- Satanic temple in Texas files lawsuit demanding “religious right” to sacrifice babies through abortion
Rejection of God
- Bill Maher mocks Bible and Christians as Dems say ‘religious right’ is a threat’
- 63% of Biden voters reject that God is ‘all powerful,’ ‘perfect and just’ creator
- ‘Progressive’ church claims: Parts of the Bible are wrong because it isn’t the ‘Word of God’
- ‘Science’? PolitiFact denies the FACT that we’re born boys or girls
- Deepfake tech used to bring dead relatives back to life
- Trans-Humanism – The Original Lie: The Race To Become “As gods”
Does the above reflect a nation that follows after the God of the Bible? NO it does not!
The sin that birthed all of Judah’s evil was the nation’s failure to know God. Through Isaiah, God called the nation of Israel to reason with Him, to know that His mercy could cleanse their sin fully—but only if they were to amend their ways. It is the same for us in America.
Isaiah 1:18 is an awesome promise, assuring us that no matter how much sin has stained our souls, God can cleanse us and make us white as snow. But for this to happen, we must repent. We must agree with the Lord’s evaluation of sin in our lives. Our sin deserves His wrath. Moreover, we must repent, asking for God’s pardon and strength that we might resist temptation. This is something done not just once as in those who hold to the hyper-grace camp, but every day of our lives.
What tremendous hope there is in God’s forgiveness! We really can be clean from the stain of sin. However, nothing we do can remove the stain of our sins. Not our:
- good works
- best intentions
- many promises
- suffering or pain
- not even death can clean the stain of sin.
God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. – Romans 1:18-22
Only the work of Jesus can make us white as snow! We really can have a new beginning in Jesus Christ.
The Lord has been long suffering and merciful to America and the world. But judgment is coming on a world that refuses to acknowledge Jesus Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords. We know that period as the 7-Year Tribulation coming upon the whole world. You do not have to be part of the group of people left behind to go through this horrendous time. Let Jesus cleanse you white as snow!
Be encouraged! Until we meet again, I am, Passionately Loving Jesus, The Anchor of my soul!
Begin a Relationship with Jesus today, please don’t delay!
- Got Questions.org
- David Guzik Commentary
- Pulpit Commentary
- F.B. Meyer Commentary