The Signs are all Around Us
The signs are all around us. You can sense it in the air. The world as we used to know it has and is changing. “The Tribulation” is quickly approaching like an out-of-control train. What does Scripture say about this 7-year tribulation event? This fact sheet will give you a simple outline of what to expect per the Word of God.
J. Barton Payne’s Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy lists 1,239 prophecies in the Old Testament. There are 578 prophecies in the New Testament. That totals 1,817 prophecies. The Old Testament contains 500 prophecies of the Second Coming of Jesus. Moreover, Revelation alludes to more than 300 of those passages. Furthermore, over 90 percent of all the prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled exactly. Consequently, that would lead a sane person to realize that the less than 10 percent remaining end times prophecy events will be fulfilled just as well.
This graphic gives you an idea of the chapter breakdown in the Book of Revelation.
After the Rapture
After the Rapture, the specific event that will begin the Tribulation will be the signing of a peace treaty between Israel and her enemies. Consequently, this treaty will allow the Jews to rebuild their Temple
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week [7 years], But in the middle of the week [after 3.5 years] He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering… – Daniel 9:27
The dividing point between the two halves of the Tribulation occurs when this “man of sin” breaks the treaty with Israel. He reveals himself to be the antichrist by entering the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem, stopping the sacrifices, and declaring himself to be god.
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits ]as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. – 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. – Revelation 13:5-6
The 7-Year Tribulation aka:
The word “tribulation” comes from the Greek word thlipsis. Thlipsis reflects any kind of testing, affliction, or distress people experience throughout life. But Bible also uses the term, “the Tribulation,” to refer to the last 7 years of this age. Moreover, this period will be a special time of judgment from God that will come upon the entire world. It will be unprecedented in its calamity. However, the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will stop the horror.
For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. Mark 13:19
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Matthew 24:29
When reading the Word of God, we see other descriptive terms for this time period such as:
Daniel’s 70th week – Daniel 9:24-27
The Day of the Lord
- For the day of the Lord of hosts Shall come upon everything proud and lofty, Upon everything lifted up— And it shall be brought low — Isaiah 2:12
- Behold, the day of the Lord comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger, To lay the land desolate; And He will destroy its sinners from it. – Isaiah 13:9
- For this is the day of the Lord God of hosts, A day of vengeance, That He may avenge Himself on His adversaries Jeremiah 46:10
- “For the day of the Lord upon all the nations is near; As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head. Obadiah 1:15
The Day of Wrath
- For the wicked are reserved for the day of doom; They shall be brought out on the day of wrath. – Job 21:30
- Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, But righteousness delivers from death.- Proverbs 11:4
- That day is a day of wrath, A day of trouble and distress, A day of devastation and desolation, A day of darkness and gloominess, A day of clouds and thick darkness, – Zephaniah 1:15
- But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, – Romans 2:5
The Great Tribulation, (last 3.5 years)
- For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. – Matthew 24:21
- And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the Great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. – Revelation 7:14
Time of Jacob’s Trouble
Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble, But he shall be saved out of it. – Jeremiah 30:7
A Time of Trouble
“At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation, even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, [the Jewish people] everyone who is found written in the book. Daniel 12:1
- For the indignation of the Lord is against all nations, and His fury against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter. – Isaiah 34:2
- But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath, the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation. – Jeremiah 10:10
- Who can stand before His indignation? And who can endure the fierceness of His anger? His fury is poured out like fire, And the rocks are thrown down by Him. – Nahum 1:6
A Day of Trouble/ A Day of Darkness and Gloominess
That day is a day of wrath, A day of trouble and distress, A day of devastation and desolation, A day of darkness and gloominess, A day of clouds and thick darkness, – Zephaniah 1:15
Q&A Concerning the Tribulation Period
Is the First Half of the Tribulation Peaceful?
Many believe that the first period of 3 1/2 years is going to be a time of peace. Then the last 3 1/2 years will be a time of war. Some feel so strongly about this that they use the word, Tribulation, to apply only to the second half of the 7- year period. The statement Jesus made recorded in Matthew 24 is primarily where this view is based.
And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. – Matthew 24:20-22
However, We must remember that Jesus is speaking specifically concerning the Jewish people. The Jewish people will live in peace the first half of the Tribulation. This is because of the Peace Treaty guaranteed by the ‘Man of Sin’ aka the Antichrist. However, this is NOT the case for the rest of the nations of the world. The wars of the ‘Son of Perdition’ (2 Thess 2:3) will devastate the world. One-fourth of humanity will die in the initial war.
So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth – Revelation 6:8
What is the Purpose of the Tribulation?
Here are three reasons for the Tribulation, they are:
- Gather a remnant of Jewish people who finally accept Jesus as Messiah. – Before the Children of Israel entered the Promised Land, Moses warned them that if they were unfaithful to God, they would be scattered among the nations. He then prophesied that “in the latter days” they would come under “distress,” and the result would be their “return to the Lord.” (Deuteronomy 4:27-30)
- And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the Lord, “That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
But one-third shall be left in it: 9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ” – Zechariah 13:8-9
- For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, Yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’– Jeremiah 30:11
- And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the Lord, “That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
For the Nations: The Tribulation Will…
Be an open judgment against all mankind for rebellion to God and rejection of Jesus Christ
- The Lord is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and rage. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and continues to rage against his enemies! The Lord is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. – Nahum 1:2-3
- “He [God] has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness” – Acts 17:31
- “I will bring distress upon men, and they shall walk like blind men, Because they have sinned against the Lord; Their blood shall be poured out like dust, And their flesh like refuse.” – Zephaniah 1:17
- …and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?” – Revelation 6:16-17
Bring multitudes of people to finally accept Jesus as Savior
Amazingly, even when God pours out His wrath, His ultimate purpose is not to destroy but to save.
- We see in Isaiah 26:9: “When the earth experiences Your judgments, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.”
- Jeremiah 17:9 states: “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
- After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb… “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. – Rev 7:9-14
The Tribulation will demonstrate that God is holy, righteous, just, and still on the throne. That He has not ignored man’s rebellion or sin, but that He has held back only in mercy and longsuffering, not willing that any should perish.
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed but wants everyone to repent. – 2 Peter 3:9
What Will This Period of Time be Like?
Hollywood mislabels the Tribulation as Judgment Day, Armageddon, and the End of the World. Unfortunately, they don’t come anywhere close to depicting this horrific period. Moreover, it will be the most horrendous seven years the world has ever known. In Matthew 24:21 Jesus said, “for then shall be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be.”
Do you realize how bad it will be if there never has been such a time, nor ever will be again for all of eternity?
The Holy Spirit, also known as the “Restrainer,” will no longer restrain evil during the tribulation, and you and I cannot imagine how bad it will be. Do you think torture, child sacrifice, rape, and murder are bad now? You can’t even begin to imagine what this world will be like when the Holy Spirit no longer restrains evil.
The Unparalleled Horror
The unparalleled horror of the Tribulation is spelled out in detail in both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. It also is a time of:
- Unprecedented trouble – Matthew 24:21
- God’s wrath or indignation and the vindication of God’s holiness God’s wrath against man’s sin and rebellion will be withheld no longer – Zeph. 1:15, 18; Rev. 6:17; 1 Thess. 1:10; Rev. 14:7, 10; 19:2
- Utter darkness, gloom, and extreme cloudiness – Joel 2:2; Zeph. 1:15
- Destruction and global catastrophes – Joel 1:15; 2:3; 1 Thess. 5:3; Rev. 6-19
- Extreme lawlessness, sin, and demonic activity – Rev. 9:20-21; 2 Thess. 2:12
- Extreme deception and delusion – 2 Thess. 2:9-12
- Death as large portions of the population of the earth will be wiped out suddenly, both human and animal. – Rev. 6:3-11; 9:15, 18; 11:13
- Cold indifference, and rebellion against God – Rev. 6:14-17; 9:20; 11:10, 18
- Global religion – Rev. 17, Global politics – Rev. 13:17, Global economy – Rev. 18, Global military – Joel 3:2, 9-14; Rev. 17
- Extreme anti-Semitism – Rev. 12; Matthew 24:9, 13
- Unprecedented apostasy and blasphemy against God – Rev. 11:1; 13:1; 2 Thess 2:3
- Massive martyrdom of believers, both Jew and Gentile – Rev. 6:9; 7:14
- Global and universal war, human and angelic – Rev. 6:2-4; 16:14; 19:14; Joel 3:2, 9; Rev. 12:7
- But it is also a time of unprecedented evangelism – Rev. 7:9; Matt. 24:14
All told, during the Great Tribulation, as many as half of all the people on the earth will be killed. Now, do you see why God refers to the Rapture as a ‘blessed hope’? Because the Tribulation to come is so horrible!
Will Christians go Through the Tribulation?
I believe the best reasoning of Scripture is that the Rapture will occur before the beginning of the Tribulation. We are to/be:
- Watch for the appearance of the Lord – Matthew 24:42; 25:13; Mark 13:35
- Ready – Matthew 24:44
- Dressed in readiness – Luke 12:35
- Keep your lamps burning – Luke 12:35
The clear force of these persistent warnings is that Jesus can appear at any moment. No other prophetic events must happen first. Morover, the Word of God promises over and over that the Church will be delivered from God’s wrath.
- Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.– Romans 5:9
- and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come – 1 Thessalonians 1:10
- For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, – 1 Thessalonians 5:9
Thus, the fact that the church has received special promises from God does not mean that others have the same promise. They do not. If you are not a Christian, your only hope of not entering the tribulation period is to reach out in faith and receive the free gift of God’s salvation which He has provided through His Son, Jesus.
Will People Still be Able to Accept Christ?
God desires mankind to be saved. Therefore, during this 7- year time period God doesn’t leave the people of the Tribulation without the Gospel.
We know from Scripture that those that enter the Tribulation rejected following Jesus Christ. Many who thought that they were Christians will have a rude awakening. However, millions of unbelievers will be saved during the Tribulation. Many of those who will be saved will include some who had heard the Gospel many times before the Rapture but rejected it. Consequently, those saved are recipients of God’s amazing grace.
Will Anyone Survive the Tribulation?
The Tribulation will last for seven excruciatingly long years. In the Great Tribulation 2 ½ million die every day for 42 months. In Auschwitz, less than a thousand died each day. Similarly, putting this in Auschwitz’s terms, the number of people that died every day at Auschwitz will die every 30 seconds in the Great Tribulation! Consequently, living on earth will be like living in an Auschwitz death camp.
However, Jesus will return with His saints to defeat Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet and establish His Kingdom for 1000 years. (see Daniel 9:24-27)
Therefore, per the Word of God, the world does not end at this time.
Introduction to the People of the Tribulation
Listed below are the main characters mentioned during this horrific period. I say characters, but this is not a Hollywood movie production or a best-seller fiction book. This is real folks and you do not want to be around to experience any part of it.
Jesus Christ, King of kings and Lord of lords
Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. – Rev 1:12-16 and Revelation chapters 19-22
A Listing of the Others
- The Tribulation will begin with only unbelievers due to the previous Rapture.
- The Jewish People
- 144 Jewish Evangelists – Rev 7:3-8
- Abaddon/Apollyon – Rev 9:1-11
- The Two Witnesses – Rev 11:1-14
- Satan the Fallen Angels and Michael and His Angels –Rev 12:7-127
- The entire Book of Revelation is filled with the ministries of the angels of God and of the activity of fallen angels.
- Antichrist (the Beast from the sea) Rev 13:1-10
- False Prophet (the Beast from the land) Rev 13:11-18
- The Kings of the East – Rev. 16:12
- This refers to an oriental block of nations who will march across the Euphrates River when it is miraculously dried up. Their goal is to enter Palestine for the final battle of the campaign of Armageddon to be fought on the plain of Esdraelon near the Mount of Megiddo.
- The Great Harlot who sits on many waters – Rev 17
- This is the great religious system, the mother-child cult, the mother of all harlotry stemming from the time of ancient Babylon. It finally becomes a great ecumenical, one-world religious system of the Tribulation
- The Merchants of the World – Rev 18
- the conglomeration of multinational companies and organizations and their merchandising of the world.
- The Ten Nations of Europe – Rev 17:12
- a Mediterranean or European federation which falls under the power and authority of the beast.
A Closer Look at the Two Witnesses
Their Power – (Rev 11:3-6)
- God gives power to His two witnesses
- They will prophesy 1260 days (first half of the Tribulation period)
- Those who try to harm them will be devoured by fire from their mouth
- They have power to withhold rain
- Power to turn water into blood
- Power to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.
Their Death – (Rev 11:7-10)
- The Antichrist kills them (beginning of the second half of the Tribulation period)
- All will be able to see their unburied bodies lying in the street for 3 ½ days
- People will celebrate their deaths and send gifts to each other
Their Resurrection – (Rev 11:11-13)
- After 3 ½ days the Witnesses come back to life
- They are Raptured in view of all people
- At the same hour a great earthquake occurs
- 1/10 of Jerusalem is destroyed
- 7000 people are killed
- The rest were afraid and gave glory to the God of heaven
A Closer look at the Antichrist (the Beast from the sea)
… I saw a beast rising up out of the sea… The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.
- And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed.
- All the world marveled and followed the beast.
- They worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast.
- The beast was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies.
- He was given authority to reign for forty-two months.
- The beast spoke blasphemy against God’s name, tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
- It was granted to him to make war with the saints [Jewish People].
- Authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.
- All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. – Rev 13:1-10
A Closer look at the False Prophet (the Beast from the land)
(Rev 13: 11–17) Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He:
- Performs great signs…
- Makes fire come down from heaven…
- Deceives people by signs…
- Commissions an image of the beast to be made
- Is granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
- Demands everyone to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads to be able to buy or sell.
A Birdseye View of Events During the 7-Year Tribulation
- The Judgments of God – Revelation chapters 5-16
- 144,000 Sealed by God – Rev 7:1-8
- Rejoicing in Heaven by the Tribulation Believers – Rev 7:9-17
- Two Witnesses Warn the masses – Rev 11:1-12
- The Great Tribulation – the Last 3.5 Years
- “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” …“then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains… – Matthew 24.15-16
- For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, those days will be shortened. – Matthew 24.21-22
- “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive…do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. – Matthew 24.23-27
- Satan Thrown Out of Heaven – Rev 7:7-12
- Israel Persecuted by the Antichrist – Rev 7:13-17
- The Fall of Babylon the Great – Rev 18
- Christ Returns on a White Horse with an Army of Saints – Rev 19:11-16
- Armageddon – The Beast and His Armies Defeated – Rev 19:17-21
- Satan Bound 1,000 Years – Rev 20:1-3
The Seal, Trumpet, and Bowl Judgments
The 7 Seal Judgments
The Lamb of God is worthy to open the Scroll – Rev 5:1-14
- 1st Seal: A White horse – The Conqueror – Rev 6:1-2
- 2nd Seal: A Red horse – War and bloodshed – Rev 6:3-4
- 3rd Seal: A black horse – Famine – Rev 6:5-6
- 4th Seal: A Pale horse – Widespread death on earth – Rev 6:7-8
- 5th Seal: Cry of the Martyrs under the Alter – Rev 6:9-11
- 6th Seal: Cosmic disturbances – Rev 6:12-17
- 7th Seal: Silence in heaven for about ½ hour – Rev 8:1
The 7 Trumpet Judgments
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and Fire Mixed with Blood/ 1/3 of trees and grass burned up – Rev 8:7
- 2nd Trumpet – Something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea,
- 1/3 of the sea became blood; One-third of sea life died; 1/3 of the ships were destroyed – Rev 8:8-9
- 3rd Trumpet – Wormwood falls from heaven; 1/3 of rivers and springs poisoned – Rev 8:10-11
- 4th Trumpet – 1/3 of the sun, moon, and stars darkened – Rev 8:12
- 5th Trumpet – Woe #1 – Demonic creatures to torment all without the seal of God on their foreheads for 5 months – Rev 9:1-11
- 6th Trumpet – Woe #2 – four angels bound at the Euphrates are released to kill a third of mankind – Rev 9:13-20
- 7th Trumpet – Proclamation of the Kingdom of God – Rev 11:15-19
The 7 BOWL Judgments
After these things I looked, and behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened. 6 And out of the temple came the seven angels having the seven plagues, clothed in pure bright linen, and having their chests girded with golden bands. 7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever. 8 The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and no one was able to enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed. – Rev 15:5-8
Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go and pour out the bowls of the wrath of God on the earth.”- Rev 16:1
- 1st Bowl – Foul and loathsome sores on those who had taken the mark of the beast – Rev 16:2
- 2nd Bowl – Sea turns to blood and all sea life dies – Rev 16:3
- 3rd Bowl – Rivers and streams of water become blood – Rev 16:4-7
- 4th Bowl – Sun scorches people with fire – Rev 16:8-9
- 5th Bowl – Darkness and pain – Rev 16:10-11
- 6th Bowl – Euphrates River Dries Up – Rev 16:12
- 7th Bowl – Tremendous Earthquake and hail – Rev 16:17-21
The Proclamations and Warnings of Three Angels
- Worship God
- Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” – Rev 14:6-7
- Destruction of Babylon
- And another angel followed, saying, “Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.” – Rev 14:8
- DO NOT take the Mark of the Beast
- Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” – Rev 14:9-11
In Closing: Are We Currently Living in the Tribulation?
A question of many people is “are we currently living in the Tribulation?”
Although we are experiencing the birth pains leading into the Tribulation period, you only need to reflect on the following conditions. Do you see the conditions Revelation describes? Conditions so horrific that Jesus declared: And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days. – Mark 13:20
- A one-world ruler risen to power who rules over a global government.
- The Antichrist making and breaking a peace covenant with Israel.
- A one-world religious system being implemented.
- A new world war being waged so great that a quarter of the world’s population – almost 2 billion people – are slaughtered.
- Death by mass starvation and rampant plagues.
- The worst evils let loose from people’s hearts so that they sin exceedingly.
- Violence, theft, and witchcraft are the norm.
- Demons run reckless, no longer obscured.
- The planet cracked apart by earthquakes, meteors, and fire so that the entire biosphere teeters on the brink of collapse.
- Christians and Jews hunted down like animals to be slaughtered.
- The Antichrist’s name tattooed on his people’s right hand or forehead, or face starvation.
- The world’s leaders crawl into caves and cry out for the mountains to fall upon them to protect them from God’s anger.
Therefore, we are not currently living in the Tribulation, but eventually, it will come. So, no matter how bad the world gets today, it is nothing compared to what life will be like during the Tribulation. The Tribulation will be a living hell with a degree of violence that is unparalleled in all of history.
However, don’t lose hope, for those who make the choice to follow Christ now will not have to endure the horrors of the Tribulation. While the Tribulation, is God pouring out His judgment upon mankind for our sins, believers in Christ are promised exemption from God’s wrath. The wrath of God is meant only for those who live in rebellion against Him, and not for those who have accepted Jesus as Savior.
“Because you have kept My command to persevere, I will also keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world.” – Rev 3:10
Maranatha! Until next time, I am Passionately Loving Jesus, the Anchor of my Soul.
Maranatha! Until next time, I am Passionately Loving Jesus, the Anchor of my Soul.
Links for further information:
The website Lamb and Lion Ministries is a sight I have used for many years as a resource. Click here to view their many resources on the Book of Revelation.