In my last post, I focused on the widespread deception all around us. This was first on the list of signs Jesus shared in Matthew 24. Then I went on to list the behavior of many in the last days from 2 Timothy 3. If you watch, read, or listen to the news from most sources, you may be unsettled and fearful of what the future may hold. Furthermore, you may question what is going on around the world? Moreover, you may be upset that the government is not in better control. Likewise, you could be experiencing panic or fear. However, with everything that is going on around the world, should we be fearful?
Before answering that question, I just wanted to look briefly at some of the headlines in the news for the of February. Links are provided if you would like to read the articles, but not necessary.
My goal was to place the headlines in some semblance of order according to what the Word of God states will be the signs of the end of the age in Matthew 24 and Luke 21. You may not agree with how I divided the headlines which is ok. But there is no mistaking that a person needs to be paying attention to what is going on. Please take a moment to read through the list.
February News Headlines
Take heed that no one deceives you – Mat 24:4
- Convention of ‘Christian Witches’ to Gather In Salem on Easter Sunday
- Pope Francis Releases ‘Querida Amazonia’, Says ‘Only Poetry Can Save This World’
- New Pixar Movie ‘Onward’ Launching On March 6th Introduces First-Ever LGBTQ+ Disney Character With Promise Of Many More
- 41 Dem Senators Vote Against Protecting Already Born Babies from Being Legally Murdered.
- Israel’s Top Rabbi: “I’m Currently in Discussions With the Messiah Himself”
- Schools tell pupils boys can have periods too in new guidelines on transgender issues
- Gay Mayor Pete Buttigieg Leads 9-Year Old Boy Into The LGBTQ+P For Pedophile Movement As Highlight Of Campaign Rally Event
You will hear of wars and rumors of wars – Mat 24:6
- US Navy warship seizes Iranian missiles in the Arabian Sea
- Turkey Deploys Hundreds Of Tanks, APCs And Commandos To Idlib; Attacks Syrian Army
- Yemen war: Saudi-led coalition warplane crashes
- Turkey Loses First Battle over Syria to Russia
- Taiwan again scrambles jets to intercept Chinese planes, tensions spike
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom – Mat 24:6
- Why is the World Health Organization engaged in bioweapons research?
- Iran’s Hajizadeh: We must unite to expel the Zionists and Americans
- Delhi riots: 23 killed as Hindu and Muslim groups clash
- Brutal Deep State War Inside US Government, Trump Frustrated About Unprosecuted Deep State Crimes
There will be famines, epidemics, and earthquakes in various places – Mat 24:7
- Global Crop Failures Continue: In Australia, This Is Going To Be The WORST HARVEST Ever Recorded
- Global Food Production At-Risk After Convergence Of Disasters
- Locust infestation could cause next famine in Africa, evangelical charity warns
- Vietnam reports supply chain issues from virus, says may hit Samsung output
- Lengthy Dry Spell Raises Concerns About Possible Drought
- China Slaughters Nearly 5,000 Dogs in One City to Curb Rabies
- Pig Ebola … Has Already Killed About One-Fourth Of The World’s Pigs
- H1N1 Scare: India Records 884 New Cases and 14 Deaths Since January
- Amid the coronavirus outbreak, China is now also fighting deadly bird flu in chickens
- H5N8 bird flu reported in Riyadh
- Swarm of 300,000 bats terrorizes town forcing parents to take children out of school
- New mystery virus, named after an indigenous goddess, discovered in Brazil
- Norovirus outbreak in Louisiana casino leaves 200 ill
- US Experiencing Worst Flu Season For Children In Past Decade As Second Influenza Wave Spreading
- Mumps: Northern Ireland cases 700% rise down to vaccine cycle
- Study says 105,000 Chinese people were infected with coronavirus as of January 29th
- Coronavirus mass arrests: Eighty-six people die of the virus in a DAY in China as Beijing starts rounding up sufferers
- Recovered Coronavirus Patients … Could Infect Others, Doctor Warns
Great earthquakes will occur in various places – Luke 21:11
- Deadly Earthquake in Turkey Turns Rivers Blood Red
- Deadly Wave of Earthquakes Hits Enemies of Israel: Iran and Turkey
- Earthquake jolts Japanese Fukushima Prefecture
They will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you – Mat 24:9
- China appoints new Hong Kong chief known for persecuting Christians
- Christian Pastor Faces Criminal Investigation For Booklet Opposing Homosexuality
- Hindu extremists attack 70 Christians traveling home from a conference on praying for peace in India
- Liberty Counsel: New VA LGBTQ Bill Would Mean Baptist Schools Can’t Fire Cross-Dressing Teachers
- ‘When He Refused to Deny Christ, They Cut Off His Right Hand’: Nigerian Christians Face Horrific Attacks
- This is the worst place in the world’: US faith leaders meet victims of Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen
- Al-Shabaab warns all Christians to leave northeastern Kenya
Many will fall away – Mat 24:10
- Baptist University Invites Native American Mystic to Preach, Opens and Closes With Prayer to “Mother Mystery”
- Mainline Protestant pastors driving support for same-sex marriage
- New Study Shows Nearly Half of Mainline Protestant Pastors Support Gay Marriage
There will be terrors and great signs from heaven – Luke 21:11
- Wormwood Warning – Another Asteroid Close Approach Confirmed
- Rare snowfall blankets Baghdad for the second time in more than 100 years, Iraq
- Monster February Snowfall Buries parts of Norway — Totals Surpass (7 Feet) in many Regions
- Brutal cold, ice storms, and snow worsen conditions for displaced in northern Syria, children freezing to death
- Deadly winter storm spawns 19 tornadoes, causes major flooding and power outages, affecting 300 000 across Eastern U.S.
- Massive sandstorm hits Canary Islands, authorities describe it as the worst in 40 years
- ‘Unprecedented’ globally: more than 20% of Australia’s forests burnt in bushfires
- Very heavy rains hit NSW, extinguish ‘mega-fire’ and trigger widespread flooding, Australia
- Emergency declared in Indonesia’s West Java as widespread floods and landslides displace 10 000
- Parts of UK could see a month’s rain in 24 hours amid floods
- Violent mudflows and raging flash floods hit southern Peru
- Mississippi under state of emergency after historic flooding, above-normal rain triggers inundation and landslides in Tennessee
- Powerful windstorm wreaks havoc across northwestern Europe, causes widespread disruption and flooding
- Wind gusts reportedly hit 209 mph in California
- Heavy rains hit Egypt, causing severe flooding and major traffic disruptions
- Incessant heavy rains submerge several provinces in northern Argentina
The sea and the waves roaring – Luke 21:25
- Mount Merapi, Indonesia’s Most Active Volcano, Erupts, Sending Ash Over 6,500 Feet Into the Air
- Massive North Atlantic cyclone challenging all-time intensity records, Iceland issues red weather alerts
- Storm Dennis becomes bomb cyclone in Atlantic Ocean en route to UK, Europe
- Storm Dennis, 2nd-strongest bomb cyclone on record in North Atlantic, causes severe flooding in U.K.
- Tropical Cyclone “Esther” hits northern Australia, another storm intensifies off WA coast
- Tropical Cyclone “Francisco” makes landfall south of Toamasina, Madagascar
The Convergence of Multiple Signs
None of the headlines on their own would warrant much thought. There have always been wars, famines, plagues, etc. However, what is unique is the convergence of all the signs in a short period of time. Jesus called them birth pains. This is what people should take notice of. Jesus told His disciples:
“When these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption is drawing near.” – Luke 21:28
“Begin to happen” is translated from the Greek word gínomai, (ghin’-om-ahee). This word can be also translated to mean: to come into existence, begin to be, receive being, to come to pass, happen.
“Look-up” is translated from the Greek word anakýptō, (an-ak-oop’-to); meaning: to raise or lift one’s self up as in one’s body or one’s soul or/and to be elated or exalted.
“Redemption” is translated from the Greek word apolýtrōsis, (ap-ol-oo’-tro-sis); meaning a releasing effected by payment of ransom. Likewise, the liberation procured by the payment of a ransom.
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, “drawing near” means: at, within, or a short distance or time.
We could paraphrase this verse as: “When all these signs begin to come to pass, Let your whole being rejoice, for Jesus Christ who paid your ransom and liberated you from the eternity of hell is returning in only a very short time!.” – Luke 21:28 (Bonnie’s paraphrase)
With the above scripture in mind, let’s revisit the question of should we be fearful? The simple answer is: maybe yes, maybe no. Let me explain.
Maybe Yes or Maybe No
If you are a true Bible-believing, God-fearing person who has accepted Christ as their Savior and has a personal relationship with Him, then You should not be afraid or fearful!
Consequently, if you are afraid perhaps it is because you are:
- A baby in the Lord and need to build up your faith level. I can help with that.
- Perhaps your love has grown cold over the years and you need to seek God for a fresh personal revival. Getting back to your first love.
- It may be you are only playing at following the Lord and the devil has deceived you into thinking you are a Christian? This could have severe eternal consequences. Take action now to seek God for real!
No Relationship with Jesus Christ?
However, if you have not asked Jesus Christ to be your Savior and repented of your sinful ways then you need to be afraid! Why you may ask? Because unfortunately to die without Christ means an eternity in Hell. Where you spend eternity is the most important decision you will ever make!
Those that follow Christ, may still have to live through the same situations as those who don’t. God tells us that it rains on the just and the unjust.
“…He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” – Matthew 5:45
The difference between the two is those who follow Christ have the assurance that whatever happens, we shall live with Christ for all eternity. Those who do not follow Christ, only have eternal Hell to look forward to.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned. But he who does not believe is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”- John 3:18
Do not allow Satan to trick you into believing that he or Hell does not exist. God desires all of humankind to repent and accept the gift of eternal life.
“…[God} desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” – 1 Timothy 2:4
“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead. he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance” – 2 Peter 3:9
Why not Click here to begin that awesome journey!
For those who are Christians, but still may be fearful, I totally get it. In my next post, I want to share two stories of my past where I dealt with tremendous fear in hopes of encouraging your faith in God as His return approaches.
Be encouraged! Until we meet again, I am, Passionately Loving Jesus, The Anchor of my soul!
If you are not yet a follower of Christ, know that God loves you and is longing for a RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU! It is not a coincidence that you have come across this website and especially this article. God has an awesome plan for your life!
I strongly recommend the following Video:
Scriptures used unless otherwise noted: The Holy Bible, Modern English Version. Copyright © 2014 by Military Bible Association. Published and distributed by Charisma House.