It appears that what Jesus shared in Matthew 24 is being fulfilled before our very eyes. Of this fact I am certain. We see all around us the increase in immoral behavior and disrespect spoken of by the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 3. We are living in very dangerous and chaotic times. Deception is alive and well. Do not be taken captive.
My previous posts had to do with oppression and how Satan uses this as a mighty weapon against us. However, God has given us everything we need to overcome his tactics. Greater weapons than what the devil has.
Satan also uses deception against believers, It’s what he used in the Garden against Adam and Eve. His lies surround us. Do not fall for his deceptive whisperings that are being shouted even from the pulpits.
God Is Merciful
When I write my posts and studies for this site, you should now that I write what I have had to deal with in my 64 years. God in His gracious mercy has used things in my past, the good, the bad, and the ugly to be able to encourage others with what He first has encouraged me with. And I am humbled that He will use one such as myself. Moreover, He wants to use you also. I am not a theologian. I do not have a Ph.D. after my name except maybe the credentials Christ has given me. The letters CbHB (Cleansed by His Blood).
There is a burning in my heart to awaken the slumbering believer’s hearts. Our Lord’s return is close at hand. Will we be ready or will The Lord find us sleeping and unprepared for His return?
“When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?” – Luke 18:8
I also want to reach out to those who are being deceived by the wolves in sheep’s clothing standing in God’s pulpits. You must search the scriptures for yourselves to be sure you are not swallowing poison.
No human can take the place of God. All of us are fallible. Your source must be Almighty God alone. Moreover, you can’t say I will follow Jesus except for __________ (fill in the blank.) There are no exceptions allowed. It is His way and no other way.
Let’s take a look at Matthew 24 and 2 Timothy 3 to see what God’s Word states about what to expect in the last days.
The Signs of Your Coming
The disciples asked Jesus “what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?” Jesus answered with these items:
- Wars and rumors of wars
- Nation rising against nation
- Kingdom against kingdom
- Earthquakes in various places
But Jesus said these are only the beginning of sorrows. Believers themselves will be:
- Hated by all nations for His name’s sake
- Many Believers will fall away…
- Betray one another
- Hate one another
Jesus also told his disciples:
- Many false prophets will arise and will deceive many
- Iniquity will abound
- the love of many will grow cold
- The gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a testimony to all nations
Then the end will come. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. – Matthew 24:3-9
What God Revealed to Paul Concerning the Last Days
We see in 2 Timothy 3:1-5 that in the last days
- Perilous times will come
- Men will be lovers of themselves
- Lovers of money
- Disobedient to parents
- Without natural affection
- Despisers of those who are good
- Lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
- Having a form of godliness, but denying its power
I realize that these things have been going on throughout history. However, you must admit we are witnesses of the mighty convergence of all these events happening at the same time!
It sounds like today’s news. These are the increasing birth pains Jesus spoke of. I want to dig a little deeper at the above list in upcoming posts.
You Might be a
Redneck Deceived if You…
Before I close, I want to share with you some deceptions that unfortunately many Christians believe in. My thought process was something like … you might be a redneck … except I was thinking: You might be deceived if you… But first, a few redneck jokes since laughter is good medicine…
I get a huge laugh out of Jeff Foxworthy’s Redneck jokes. Most likely because I can relate. Did I say that out loud? Here are a few that got me giggling.
“you might be a redneck if you” …
- Wear a dress that’s strapless with a bra that isn’t, you might be a redneck.
- Got a complete set of salad bowls and every one of them says kool whip.
- Think the stock market has a fence around it.
- Ever barbecued Spam on the grill.
- Planted flowers in a bathroom appliance in your front yard.
- The highlight of your parties is when you flip out your false teeth.
- Think a subdivision is part of a math problem.
Warning Deception Ahead
Did you giggle: I hope so! However, the following observations are definitely nothing to laugh at. Unfortunately, I would dare to say:
“You might be deceived if you say you are a Christian (a follower of Christ) and:
- Do not believe that God’s Word is truth
- Think that there are many ways to God
- Believe abortion is your right
- Thinking God made a mistake in your birth gender
- Satan is merely a symbol of evil
- Hell is not real
- Don’t believe in the gravity of man’s sin
- Religious belief is a matter of personal opinion
- Think most people are basically good
- God accepts the worship of all religions
- Jesus was the first and greatest being created by God the Father
- The Bible’s condemnation of homosexual behavior doesn’t apply today
- You do not believe that Jesus Christ will return to judge the world
- The Bible contains helpful accounts of ancient myths but is not literally true
- Gender identity is a choice
- Believe that there are Christian witches
- The Bible, the Koran and the Book of Mormon are all different expressions of the same spiritual truths
- The universe was not created by God
- God is unconcerned with my day-to-day decisions.
Run and Don’t Look Back
Don’t allow yourself to be deceived. Every Word of God IS True. If what you are being taught does not match what God’s Word states, unfortunately, you are being deceived. Do not continue to sit under false teaching. If you are not sure what you are hearing is true, I would love to help you search the Scriptures to find the truth. You only need to email me and ask at email@example.com.
Be encouraged! Until we meet again, I am, Passionately Loving Jesus, The Anchor of my soul!
If you are not yet a follower of Christ, know that God loves you and is longing for a RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU! It is not a coincidence that you have come across this website and especially this article. God has an awesome plan for your life!
Scriptures used are from biblegateway.com and unless otherwise noted, I’m using the New Living Translation (NLT)Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.