There seems to be a small detail that we as humans tend to forget. However, this seemingly small detail is in actuality a HUGE detail. It is imperative that we remember that ALL creation is held accountable before Almighty God.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
Moreover, the Word of God is clear that every knee will bow before Him (Philippians 2:10). Therefore, it’s in the best interest of mankind to remember this detail as we go about our lives.
In the times in which we live we see the results of Satan and his useful idiots. His demonic plans are heading mankind on a crash course into the Tribulation period spoken of in the Book of Revelation.
You really need to read the bible. I guarantee you Satan has read it many times. He knows his days are numbered (Revelation 12:12) and ultimately, he will fail at his attempts to take over God’s throne. However, in his deluded mind, he still thinks he will be victorious in this quest of his.
Consequently, it is for this reason that he will for a short time declare that he is God and sit in the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. It is his intention to wipe out as many people on this planet as possible beforehand. Why? Because we are made in the image of God and Satan hates our guts!
Knowing that God watches everything (Ecclesiastes 11:9) and keeps a book of each person’s life, with everything written down (Revelation 20:12) should give you pause. Nothing in all creation is hidden from Him.
The KJV Dictionary Definition of Judgment
Below are the various definitions listed in the KJV dictionary regarding judgment.1
JUDG’MENT, n. The act of judging; the act or process of the mind in comparing its ideas, to find their agreement or disagreement, and to ascertain truth; or the process of examining facts and arguments, to ascertain propriety and justice; or the process of examining the relations between one proposition and another.
- The faculty of the mind by which man is enabled to compare ideas and ascertain the relations of terms and propositions, as a man of clear judgment or sound judgment. The judgment may be biased by prejudice. Judgment supplies the want of certain knowledge.
- The determination of the mind, formed from comparing the relations of ideas, or the comparison of facts and arguments. In the formation of our judgments, we should be careful to weigh and compare all the facts connected with the subject.
- In law, the sentence of doom pronounced in any cause, civil or criminal, by the judge or court by which it is tried. Judgment may be rendered on demurrer, on a verdict, on a confession or default, or on a non-suit. Judgment, though pronounced by the judge or court, is properly the determination or sentence of the law. A pardon may be pleaded in arrest of judgment.
- The right or power of passing sentence.
- Determination; decision.
- Opinion; notion.
- In Scripture, the spirit of wisdom and prudence, enabling a person to discern right and wrong, good and evil.
- A remarkable punishment: an extraordinary calamity inflicted by God on sinners.
Judgment is Certain Against the Unrepentant Persons/Nations
In an article by Dr. David R. Reagan of Christ in Prophecy he states:2
Resurrection will be followed by judgment. Solomon wrote, “Fear God and keep His commandments… For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil” Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.
The apostle Paul emphasized the certainty of judgment. In Romans 2:16 he wrote, “God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.” And in Romans 14:10,12 he stated, “We shall all stand before the judgment seat of God… So then each one of us shall give an account of himself to God.” The writer to the Hebrews summed it up succinctly: “It is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment” Hebrews 9:27.
I, the Lord, will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their sin. I will crush the arrogance of the proud and humble the pride of the mighty. Isaiah 13:11
I said to myself, “In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds.” – Ecclesiastes 3:17
All Men and Fallen Angels are to be Judged
Dr. David R. Reagan continues:
Yet the Bible teaches clearly that all men, both living and dead, saved and unsaved, must give an account to Christ. The Apostle Peter, in his great sermon in the house of Cornelius, said “that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead” Acts 10:42. Later, in his First Epistle, Peter wrote that the saints “shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quickthe living and the dead” 1 Peter 4:5. Those who were dead, those who have died since or will have died, and the living must give account to Jesus Christ who is ready to judge all men.Dr. David R. Reagan
All But Jesus have Sinned
All of mankind without distinction are under the curse of sin and judged as sinful and separated from God.
Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…
Moreover, people have no reason to think that there is not a God of creation that we are accountable to.
Romans 1:20 – For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
True Followers of Christ
Only those who have been born again spiritually will be able to escape the judgment of God. Moreover, it’s by the precious blood of Jesus Christ, His death, burial, and resurrection that saves us from God’s wrath that will come.
1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 – …how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.
However, we will give an account of how we have lived our lives after we came to the Lord which will be the determining factor of what rewards will be given to each of us.
Young people, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. – Ecclesiastes 11:9
So, You May Know
If you do a search of the following phrases in the ESV version of the Bible:
- You may know
- You shall know
- You will know
You find as a total of the three phrases, it is used over 80 times. God wants us to be aware of what is going on. No one needs to be in the dark. Moreover, God also reminds us that “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” Hosea 4:6
If we do not understand God’s judgment on mankind, perhaps it is because we haven’t read His best-seller, the Bible.
Nothing is Hidden from God
The scriptures are clear that the people of planet earth will reap what they sew. Moreover, we find that nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Men may not see what happens behind closed doors and in the allies between buildings, but God sees everything and everyone.
But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve. Jeremiah 17:10
Awesome News or Horrible News…
This is awesome news for those who have been victims and horrible news for the unrepentant perpetrators.
O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, you make righteous judgments, and you examine the deepest thoughts and secrets. Let me see your vengeance against them, for I have committed my cause to you. Jeremiah 11:20
Yet, The Wicked think:
- The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead. Psalm 10:4
- The wicked think, “God isn’t watching us! He has closed his eyes and won’t even see what we do!” Psalm 10:11
- They think, “God will never call us to account.” Psalm 10:13
- “You felt secure in your wickedness. ‘No one sees me,’ you said. But your ‘wisdom’ and ‘knowledge’ have led you astray, and you said, ‘I am the only one, and there is no other.’ Isaiah 47:10
The Five Separate Future Judgments…Plus 1 More
According to Bible.org, not all men will be judged at the same time and place. There are five future judgments.3
- First, the judgment of the believer’s works, called “The Judgment Seat of Christ.”
- Second, the judgment of regathered Israel. In Daniel 12:1 this judgment is called “The Time of Jacob’s Trouble.” It will be the punishment of the Jews for their disobedience to God and their rejection of Jesus Christ.
- Third, is the judgment of the nations. At the end of the Tribulation Period, after Israel has been judged, the NATIONS of earth will be judged for their treatment of the Jewish people. Joel 3:1-2.
- Fourth, we see the judgment of fallen angels. This is the final judgment against Satan and other fallen angels who will be judged with him. Immediately after the one thousand years of the Kingdom Age, Satan and his hosts will meet their doom. Jude 1:6.
- Fifth, is the judgment of the unbelieving dead. This is called the Great White Throne Judgment. After the casting of Satan into Hell, the wicked dead will be raised to receive the final sentence of condemnation Revelation 20:12-15.
But Wait, According to Dr. David Reagan…
In an article titled “Resurrections and Judgments – How many and when”4 – Dr. David R. Reagan also states that not all people are going to be judged at the same time. The difference is Dr, Reagan adds a judgment that happens even before the judgment of rewards at the Judgment Seat of Christ also known as the “Bema Seat Judgments”.
He states that there is the judgment of believers for their sins. However, this judgment has already taken place. This comes as a surprise to most Christians. If you are truly born again, then you will never stand before the Lord and be judged for your sins. That’s because the judgment for your sins took place at the Cross.
The When and Where of the Judgments
Dr. David R. Reagan goes on to explain when and where the judgments of God take place.
- Believers who have lived and died during the Church Age
- will occur in Heaven before the judgment seat of Jesus, immediately following the Rapture of the Church 2 Corinthians 5:10 and Revelation 19:6-9.
- Those who are saved and martyred during the Tribulation
- will be judged at the end of that period when they are resurrected at the Second Coming of Christ Revelation 20:4.
- The Tribulation saints who live to the end of the Tribulation
- will be judged at the Second Coming of Jesus in “the sheep and goat judgment” portrayed in Matthew 25:31-46.
- The Old Testament saints
- will also be judged at the time of the Second Coming Ezekiel 20:34-38.
- All the unrighteous who have ever lived
- will be resurrected and judged at the end of the millennial reign of Jesus.
What Authority Allows God to be the Judge?
Ok, I can hear the rebellious say in their cockiness attitudes, “who died and made you the judge?” or “You can’t judge me. Who do you think you are anyway?”
Be careful, rebellious one…
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. 1 Samuel 15:23
God Has Authority to Judge
Has the Lord ever needed anyone’s advice? Does he need instruction about what is good? Did someone teach him what is right or show him the path of justice? Isaiah 40:14
In the Kingdom of God, the authority of God the King and Creator of all is exclusive and absolute. His Word is law, and His will is carried out even to the farthest reaches of His realm. And God’s realm is infinite.
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. 1 Chronicles 29:11
God is our Creator; therefore, He has the sovereignty and authority to judge mankind as He sees fit. His judgments come at first in the form of discipline. However, stubbornness to His disciplines will lead to harsher consequences. Ultimately, those who reject His love and authority will eventually lead to an existence in the Lake of Fire along with Satan.
And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide.12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books.13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds.14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death.15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:11-15.
Those who have been martyred look forward to the judgment to come.
They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth? Revelation 6:10
The Creative Rights of God Give Him the Authority
(Yahweh) God is King and Lord by right of creation. It’s these Creative rights that give Yahweh incontestable ownership rights to the earth and the universe. Because Yahweh owns everything, it is Yahweh’s prerogative to do whatever He pleases with His property.
- In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were created through Him, and without Him, nothing was created that was created. John 1:1-3
- The heavens are Yours; the earth also is Yours; the world and all that is in it, You have founded them. Psalm 89:11
God is Obligated to Fulfill His Word
God as King obligates himself to His Word.
Like kings on earth, a king and his word are the same, and when he speaks, his word becomes the constitution. Therefore, when a king’s word is spoken or written down, the king is obligated to carry it out.
That is why the Bible states that whatever God says, He will do and whatever He promises, He will bring to pass. Once the King of heaven speaks, it is as good as done. God cannot fail to keep His Word, for if He did, He would cease to be God.
- Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Psalm 119:89
- Long ago I learned from Your statutes that You established them to last forever. Psalm 119:152
Laws of the Kingdom of God
Humans are born with an inherent sin nature. Mankind is unable to survive without laws, due to the inherent sin nature. The laws of the Kingdom of God were already in place long before the King of Heaven created mankind.
The laws of the Kingdom ensure that it operates according to God’s intent. Similarly, the laws of the Kingdom of God were established to protect and preserve the benefits and privileges of His citizens.
- “O Lord, God of our ancestors, you alone are the God who is in heaven. You are ruler of all the kingdoms of the earth. You are powerful and mighty; no one can stand against you! 2 Chronicles 20:6
- Your royal laws cannot be changed. Your reign, O LORD, is holy forever and ever. Psalm 93:5
Furthermore, His laws are just as applicable today as they were when Adam was created.
Carl F.H. Henry stated: “God is the only Legislator. Earthly rulers and legislative bodies are alike accountable to Him from whom stems all obligation—religious, ethical and civil”
God’s Laws are Unchangeable
The constitutional covenant of the Kingdom of Heaven is backed up by the laws of God.
Let’s put it this way. God is not wishy-washy. His decisions are based on His preset laws. There are no gray areas. We can rely on His unshakeable and unchanging Word.
Therefore, those who are obedient and accept Jesus Christ as Lord are rewarded with Eternal Life.
However, those who refuse to repent and continue in rebellion will receive the same judgment as Satan.
God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that He would never change His mind. Hebrews 6:13-17
God is not a man, so he does not lie.
He is not human, so he does not change his mind.
- Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? Numbers 23:19
- But once He has made his decision, who can change His mind? Whatever He wants to do, He does. Job 23:13
The Judgment of God’s Is:
In the book of Obadiah chapter one, its only chapter, is a great example to understand no one can hide or escape the judgment of God.
2 The Lord says to Edom, “I will cut you down to size among the nations; you will be greatly despised.3 You have been deceived by your own pride because you live in a rock fortress and make your home high in the mountains.Obadiah1:2-4
‘Who can ever reach us way up here?’ you ask boastfully. 4 But even if you soar as high as eagles and build your nest among the stars, I will bring you crashing down,” says the Lord.
- Fear the Lord and judge with integrity, for the Lord our God does not tolerate perverted justice, partiality, or the taking of bribes.” 2 Chronicles 19:7
- “For the Lord, your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed. Deuteronomy 10:17
- He doesn’t care how great a person may be, and he pays no more attention to the rich than to the poor. He made them all. Job 34:19
Discipline Comes before Judgement
Like a parent teaching their child how to grow into being a lover of God and a responsible adult, so does our Father God with us.
The Lord teaches us the way we should live. When we decide to act out or do things our own way He lovingly disciplines us for our own good.
John MacArthur states:5 In punishment, God is the judge; in discipline, He is the Father. In punishment, the object is His enemy; in discipline, the object is His child. In punishment, the goal is condemnation; in discipline, the goal is holiness
For those that rebel against the discipline of God then punishment is administered. However, our God warns us before punishing. God always gives an opportunity for people to change their ways
“You warned them to return to your Law, but they became proud and obstinate and disobeyed your commands. They did not follow your regulations, by which people will find life if only they obey. They stubbornly turned their backs on you and refused to listen. 30 In your love, you were patient with them for many years. You sent your Spirit, who warned them through the prophets. But still they wouldn’t listen! So once again you allowed the peoples of the land to conquer them.” Nehemiah 9:29-30
Moreover, if there is repentance:
but then that nation renounces its evil ways, I will not destroy it as I had planned. 9 And if I announce that I will plant and build up a certain nation or kingdom, 10 but then that nation turns to evil and refuses to obey me, I will not bless it as I said I would. Jeremiah 18:8-10
Read: The Discipline of God
Our Creator is the God of Justice
Furthermore, knowing that God is just, reminds us that His commands and judgments meet the perfect standards of justice, and his punishments and rewards are also perfectly just. Unlike our court systems on earth that can be bribed or show inconsistencies in their rulings.
- Truly, God will not do wrong. The Almighty will not twist justice. Job 34:12
- He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is! Deuteronomy 32:4
- But the Lord reigns forever, executing judgment from his throne. He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness. Psalm 9:7-8
The Anger of Our Lord
It amazes me that those who want to believe that they will not be held accountable for the way they live their lives always fall back to, God is Love. A God of Love would never…
However, the statement God is love is only half of the equation. God is also just and as we have seen will not allow the guilty to go unpunished.
Here is a question. Do we really love our children if we allow them to disobey and do not hold them accountable? I think not.
God’s anger can be found throughout the scriptures regarding those that reject His discipline. Up to the present, the expression of God’s anger and wrath has had the purpose of drawing sinners to repentance and becoming Born Again, but this will not be the case at the final judgment.
- So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm. Joel 2:13
- But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, And did not destroy them. Yes, many a time He turned His anger away And did not stir up all His wrath; Psalm 78:38
The following verse is clear.
But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For, ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Romans 1:18-20
A Few Examples of Things God Hates or Finds Detestable
- Leviticus 18:22 – “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.
- Leviticus 20:13 – “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
- Deuteronomy 12:31 – You must not worship the Lord your God the way the other nations worship their gods, for they perform for their gods every detestable act that the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters as sacrifices to their gods.
- Deuteronomy 25:16 – All who cheat with dishonest weights and measures are detestable to the Lord your God.
- Proverbs 17:15 – Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent— both are detestable to the Lord.
See the Following Posts for Examples of Who Will Not be a Part of the Kingdom of God
- The Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ – 17 Questions Answered
- Our Eternal Home in the Presence of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
God Seeks Repentant Hearts over Punishment
As we saw earlier that God always warns before punishment and judgment, He would much rather that people would repent and turn to Him. Moreover, according to Ezekiel 33:11, God takes no pleasure in the death of wicked people.
As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die? Ezekiel 33:11
But if you stop your sinning and begin to obey the Lord your God, he will change his mind about this disaster that he has announced against you. Jeremiah 26:13
If My People…
The following verse gives many people hope.
…if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
The problem is when the people of God continue in their wicked ways and disobedience, they cross God’s “line in the sand.” Consequently, He will eventually no longer listen to our prayers. Once that happens God will not relent in His judgments.
Did you realize that the Lord told the prophet, Jeremiah, to STOP praying for Judah three times?
- “Pray no more for these people, Jeremiah. Do not weep or pray for them, and don’t beg me to help them, for I will not listen to you. Jeremiah 7:16
- “Pray no more for these people, Jeremiah. Do not weep or pray for them, for I will not listen to them when they cry out to me in distress. Jeremiah 11:14
- Then the Lord said to me, “Do not pray for these people anymore. Jeremiah 14:11
In Jeremiah chapter 40 we see the remnant of Judah that was left wanted to go to Egypt for safety. Apparently, they trusted the Egyptian armies more than the God Most High. Does this sound familiar? How many of us look to the government for help instead of looking to our Creator?
Then all the military leaders, … and all the people, from the least to the greatest, approached 2 Jeremiah the prophet. They said, “Please pray to the Lord your God for us. As you can see, we are only a tiny remnant compared to what we were before. 3 Pray that the Lord your God will show us what to do and where to go.”
19 “Listen, you remnant of Judah. The Lord has told you: ‘Do not go to Egypt!’ Don’t forget this warning I have given you today. 20 For you were not being honest when you sent me to pray to the Lord your God for you. You said, ‘Just tell us what the Lord our God says, and we will do it!’
21 And today I have told you exactly what he said, but you will not obey the Lord your God any better now than you have in the past. 22 So you can be sure that you will die from war, famine, and disease in Egypt, where you insist on going.” Jeremiah 42:19-22
Therefore, as we saw earlier, God understands everyone’s heart. He knew they had already made up their minds.
Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.” For God understands all hearts, and he sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve. Proverbs 24:12
The Great White Throne Judgment
In Revelation 20:11-15, we see the final judgement of God known as the Great White Throne Judgment.
According to Dr. David R. Reagan the wicked also will be judged of their works. But their judgment will be radically different from the judgment of the Redeemed.4
Whereas the Redeemed are judged of their works to determine their degrees of reward, the lost are judged of their works to determine their eternal destiny.
And since no one can be justified before God by their works Isaiah 64:6 and Ephesians 2:8-10, all will be condemned to Hell. The unjust are also judged for another reason. There are going to be degrees of punishment Luke 12:35-48; 20:45-47.
There is a popular myth in Christendom that says, “All sin is equal in the eyes of God.” That is not true. The only way in which all sin is equal is that any sin, whether a white lie or murder, condemns us before God and necessitates a Savior.
All Sin Is Not Equal in The Eyes of God
Dr. David R. Reagan continues: But all sin is not equal in the eyes of God.4 For example, Proverbs 6:16-19 lists seven sins that the Lord particularly hates, including “hands that shed innocent blood.” And the Bible makes it very clear that idolatry is a sin that is especially heinous in the eyes of God Exodus 20:3-5.
Because God considers some sins worse than others, there will be degrees of punishment Revelation 22:12, and these degrees will be specified at the Great White Throne judgment.
- God says, “At the time I have planned, I will bring justice against the wicked. Psalm 75:2
- For the Lord holds a cup in his hand that is full of foaming wine mixed with spices. He pours out the wine in judgment, and all the wicked must drink it, draining it to the dregs. Psalm 75:8
- “The day of judgment is here; your destruction awaits! The people’s wickedness and pride have blossomed to full flower. Ezekiel 7:10
Where do you stand with respect to the inevitable judgment which you will face before the Lord?4
If you are a Christian, are you working to advance the Lord’s kingdom? Is your motivation out of a love of the Lord?
If you have never confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior, do you really want to participate in Great White Throne Judgment?
Do you realize that the Bible says in Romans 14:11, “Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord”?
That means Hitler and every vile person like him who has ever lived will one day make the confession of Jesus’ lordship. You will too.
I urge you to make that confession now so that you can participate in the resurrection and judgment of the righteous. As you consider your decision, weigh carefully the following words from the book of Hebrews:
You see, all your sins, and mine, were placed upon Jesus as He hung upon the Cross, and the wrath we deserve was poured out upon Him 2 Corinthians 5:21. He became our substitute. He took our judgment for sin. Romans 8:3 and Galatians 3:13.
As you consider your decision, carefully weigh the following words from the book of Hebrews:
“Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him” Hebrews 9:28.
Notice carefully that this verse promises that for those who are ready for Him, Jesus will come “without reference to sin.” That is a wonderful promise.
Maranatha! Until next time, I am Passionately Loving Jesus, the Anchor of my Soul.